Giving Through Your IRA
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an international leader in virtually every area of medicine. We work tirelessly to discover the next medical breakthrough while providing the highest level of compassionate care.
Your support makes this work possible.
The IRA charitable rollover (known to professional advisers as a Qualified Charitable Distribution or QCD) is a terrific way to make a tax-free gift to Brigham and Women's Hospital using your qualified retirement plan. This gift may also satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD).
How Do I Qualify?
- You must be 70 ½ years old or older at the time of the gift
- Gifts must go directly from your IRA to the Brigham
- Gifts must come from an IRA account
- Gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per donor
Benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift
- Gifts can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes
- You will not pay taxes on your IRA withdrawal when gifted to the Brigham
- You may direct your gift to a hospital program or area of your choice
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact in the lives of patients and their families
Your IRA administrator can help you make a qualified charitable distribution from your IRA. Be aware that many administrators require you to use their QCD distribution form and comply with other requirements. Please note that it is important to follow your financial institution’s forms and procedures to ensure you receive the tax benefits of a QCD.
For more information please review our Frequently Asked Questions or contact: