How does The Brigham Legacy Challenge work?
The Brigham Legacy Challenge is a matching gift campaign that provides a cash gift today for each documented estate commitment. Our generous challenge sponsor will make a matching gift to The President’s Fund equal to 10% of the value of your estate commitment, up to a maximum of $10,000.*
For example, if you document an estate gift of $100,000, a matching gift of $10,000 will support the future of medicine.
*Estate commitments valued at $1M or more will be matched with a $25,000 gift.
How do I participate in The Brigham Legacy Challenge?
- Include Brigham and Women’s Hospital in your estate plans. Name the hospital as a beneficiary of your will, trust, a life insurance policy, retirement account, or establish a life-income gift.
- Document your estate commitment by completing The Brigham Legacy Challenge commitment form.
- Generate a matching gift to The President's Fund today and help the hospital continue to provide outstanding care to our patients and their families for generations to come.
I have already included the Brigham in my estate plans. Can I participate in the challenge?
Yes! Existing Brigham Legacy Society members may be eligible to participate in the challenge in one of the following ways:
- Make an additional legacy commitment and receive a match at 10% of the value of your new gift, up to a maximum of $10,000.
- Complete the challenge commitment form and share details of your future gift that have not been previously disclosed and receive a $5,000 match.
What types of gifts qualify?
- Naming the Brigham as a beneficiary of:
- Gifts that provide you or a loved one with lifetime income, such as:
What will my Brigham Legacy Challenge matching gift support?
Thanks to your legacy gift, the hospital can unlock the matching funds from our generous challenge donor and support many critical opportunities to:
- Provide the highest quality healthcare to our patients and their families
- Expand the boundaries of medicine through research
- Attract and retain the next generation of healthcare professionals and leaders
- Serve the needs of our local and global communities
- Renew our physical space to align with the highest standards of patient satisfaction
How will my gift be recognized?
By including the Brigham in your estate plans, you will be recognized as a member of The Brigham Legacy Society and in our annual honor roll of donors.
*Should you wish for your gift to be anonymous, please let us know. You can still take advantage of The Brigham Legacy Challenge and enjoy the benefits of The Brigham Legacy Society.
When does The Brigham Legacy Challenge end?
The Brigham Legacy Challenge will run through September 30, 2020, or as long as matching funds are available. Act now to take advantage of this special opportunity before the match funds run out!
I have questions about participating in The Brigham Legacy Challenge. Who do I contact?
For further information about The Brigham Legacy Challenge or about how to create your legacy, please contact: