IRA Charitable Rollover
Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) is an international leader in virtually every area of medicine. Consistently ranked by U.S. News and World Report among the nation’s top 10 hospitals, we work tirelessly to discover the next medical breakthrough while providing the highest level of compassionate care.
Your support makes this work possible.
The IRA charitable rollover is a way to make a tax-free gift to Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) or Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital (BWFH) using your qualified retirement plan. This gift may also satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD).
How Do I Qualify?
- You must be 70 ½ years old or older at the time of the gift
- Gifts must go directly from your IRA to BWH or BWFH
- Gifts must come from an IRA account
- Gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per donor
Benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift
- Gifts can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes
- You will not pay taxes on your IRA withdrawal when gifted to BWH or BWFH
- You may direct your gift to a hospital program or area of your choice
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact in the lives of patients and their families
The Office of Gift Planning can provide you with a letter to send to your IRA administrator to make an IRA charitable rollover.
For more information on this gift or any other of our gift planning options, please contact:
Assistant Vice President, Gift Planning
To receive a sample letter you can use when requesting a charitable distribution from your IRA, simply fill out the form below: